04 January 2010

new year.fresh start.

2010 is here. crazy? 2009 was none the less FANTASTIC but most definitely a year with a LOT of new experiences. For some the beginning of the year means new resolutions but as Ive come to find out by summer Ive forgotten my resolutions or new ones have been in place, so this year I will be setting themes. I got this idea from my friend Kelly Robyn (click her name to look at her amazing photography skills!) and this idea of setting themes I like because its something you can put into practice into everything... Now I will reveal my 'themes' a bit later but I'd love to hear your opinion on 'resolutions' vs. themes? and what are some of your resolutions/themes for this year?!?

I will leave you with a quote by a book I've been reading by John Piper

"God created me-and you- to live with a single, all-embracing, all-transforming PASSION-namely a passion to glorify God by ENJOYING & DISPLAYING his supreme excellence in ALL the spheres of life. Enjoying & displaying are both crucial. If we try to display the excellence of God without JOY in it, we will display a shell of hypocrisy & create scorn or legalism. BUT if we claim to enjoy his excellence & do not display it for others to see & admire, we deceive ourselves, because the mark of God enthralled joy is to overflow & expand by extending its self into the hearts of others. The WASTED life is life without PASSION for the supremacy in all of the things for the JOY of ALL peoples."

Create.&.LOVE.

No comments: