14 February 2009

the little things

So thank you to amanda I loved reading her posts on finding grace in the little things. It's easy to go about our days and not take a second and truly appreciate the little things we have in everyday. This grace in the little things could be found here, the challenge is to list 5 positive things everyday and I am starting today (well listing things from yesterday, just woke up).

1. Waking up in a warm bed (simple I know, but when you've had to sleep in a mosquito tent in Thailand on a hard concrete floor reminds me to appreciate simple things like these)
2. being able to get through the day with the little gas I had left.
3.short but quality time with my good friend Kristin who came to visit :)
4. vineyard college group. the people within it and the message we had
5. divine appointments and prayers being answered.
6. these cute cupcakes I found on google.

"Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other"- John 13:34-35

Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this challenge because it is a way of reminding, or sometimes for me even realizing, what good happened in a days time. i think it's great to reflect on your day and when i do i usually come to find that it was a good day, even though lots of times it seemed that it was not. you know what i mean. i ♥ this challenge.

notes on "the little things":
1. one of my favorite things is waking up in a warm bed. notice that i've only been blogging this for three days and at least two of the days i think the first thing i say has to do with sleep :)

2. i push my car to the last drop of gas usually, who doesn't? i love when i can get through a day on very little gas because i hate pumping gas! i make chris do it. (i should move to oregon, they do it for you there.)

3. i LOVE those cupcakes. i wish i was a talented cook so i could make them. oh well i've pretty much come to terms that i'm not and it's ok.

anyway, happy valentine's day!
(and thanks for being my very first "follower")

:] Mandie

bloomers shoppe said...

love this picture!! very cute blog too :) thanks for the sweet comment...it is great to meet you! god bless. :)