20 August 2009

the note of a daughter

This week I've been just on a roll for school...really. Monday I left my house the time i was suppose to be at class at, Tuesday sat outside of a classroom for an hour and a half waiting for that class to end so I can go into my class but then later finding out I was outside the wrong building!, Wed. decided to go swimming with a friend and then found the time it was 20 min before we were suppose to be in class while we were still lounging in the pool so showed up late to that one with wet hair and all and then today showed up on time BUT then realized I left all my school supplies (paper,binder etc.) at home! HA. I think I needed more then 1 day to mentally prepare my self for school haha

But today was different...in a good way..but also an emotional one. Lately I've been blessed to have had the opportunity to listen to some great new artists who have made me tap into? the slight bitterness I've had lately since I've been home...One song in particular by Aisea Taimani called So beautiful. Growing up I remember my dad working late nights and him having to leave at night to work...I remember me in my footie(spelling?) pajamas running up to our door and kissing my dad goodbye and telling him i love you...and for some reason that's the only memory that I can remember of my dad and I when I was younger...and this morning I woke up with this memory constantly replaying in my head. I've always struggled with insecurities mainly in the area of self image...and finding myself as 'beautiful'. This song called So Beautiful sings of the things I've gone through and still going through. Especially now being back at home...I know inside his heart my dad's love for me in endless...but I constantly feel like the things I've done and do are never good enough..and will never be good enough until I get my bachelors and have the salary that he thinks are within the 'successful' bracket....so the reason I am writing this is because with this song and this memory I can only hope to remind the fathers to not go a day without telling your daughters how beautiful you find them to be and always see them as your little girl..regardless how old we grow. To the daughters out there...I hope you find hope in knowing that as much as it hurts of waiting around till the day comes that our father's stop and tell us he finds us beautiful..there is a LOVE just waiting to out pour on your heart and grace that is endless that is just waiting for you to run up to and grab and experience. Just like my memory...God the father is the father your waiting for...He is the one that will not only stop once but constantly find beauty in you and all your insecurities and wounds.


....fathers stop being busy,Don't sit in a 3 hour car ride without speaking less then 10 words...greet your daughter when you or her come home...don't compare her to other 'daughters'...when your daughter is excited to show you or tell you about something at least pretend to care rather then fall asleep or walk away uninterested....hug her like you MEAN it...sit down and hold your daughter and tell her SHE IS BEAUTIFUL....it can never be told enough.....a daughter will always be daddy's little girl...and she is just waiting for those 3 words to be heard....YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL and of course I LOVE YOU.

The words of a father are powerful.....and the words of my fathers are too.

Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity-Quotes by Leo buscaglia
LIVE LOVE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this. you are so insightful. and i think you should also be a writer. :) glad you're blogging again...