06 January 2009

a new year

"We read, we hear, we believe good theology of grace. But that's not the way we live. The good news of the Gospel of grace has not penetrated the level of our emotions."-David Seamonds

We often put on this 'happy go lucky' type of personality to those around us and leave quirky facebook or myspace LINES to make it seem as if life's fine but deep inside our spirits are thirsty and hurting. It's situations that leave our hearts broken and our eyes filled with tears that forces us to take a look around at our actions and then realize it's all been anything but fruitful in certain situations and hasn't defined the love that HE wants us to show to others.

Our Words mean nothing. This blog means nothing. Facebook or myspace LINES mean nothing. Its our actions that match up with our words that mean everything. I fell short of showing love and not saying it will never happen again, because i am all but perfect. It's not a night to day process. It's a fasting of prayer and a lot of surrendering everything to HIM....

'Your cleansed and OBEDIENT life, NOT your words, will bear witness to what I have done'-Luke 5

I am trying....Someone told me today...I drew a line at the end of the year and left everything from last year behind that line and started fresh from that point on.

I need to do that.and will.It's always easier to forgive then forget...but this is a NEW year,and I have a feeling it will be a STRONG one.

1 comment:

smalls said...

YAYYYYY!!! STRONG year!! I'm all down for that! Com to the OC! I'll take you out to dinner =) (if my daddy gives me monies... lol)