18 November 2008

doing work

I'm so grateful to Christ Jesus for making me adequate to do this work. He went out on a limb, you know, in trusting me with this ministry. The only credentials I brought to it were invective and witch hunts and arrogance. But I was treated mercifully because I didn't know what I was doing—didn't know Who I was doing it against! Grace mixed with faith and love poured over me and into me. And all because of Jesus.- 1 Timothy 1:12-14
I have my faults just like everybody else...and at times i am blinded by all my problems and forget His work that needs to be done...and it's so upsetting because we've been trusted with HIS ministry.We let our fears over power our gifts..when the things that we're probably worrying about (how skinny/fat we are, or how we compare to the girl or boy next to us yada yada) are things that we should DIE to.
I hope that I put to rest these silly problems and give them to HIM. That when I wake up tomorrow (haven't made it to bed yet ha) i recognize the things I say and do are representing His ministry.
I want my heart to follow HIS spirit and overcome the desires of my flesh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good seeing you today! Didn't know that you had even commented on my blog until just now. How was your evening tonight? I am excited for the next season of your life.